Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Beauty buys of the day!

Today, I purchased a couple of beauty items from various stores. 


I purchased the first two from The Vitamin Shoppe.


This first item is Barlean's Extra Virgin Coconut oil. I am no noobie to coconut oil, I've been using coconut oil consistently for about 1 and half years so far. There are so many uses for this oil. I use this for hair and skincare (I will do a separate post on this eventually). I've used about two jars of oil already and needed a new one so I picked up this one for 10$ on sale. As you can see on the picture to your left, the consistency is liquidity with a solid chunk in it. Depending on the temperature, if low enough the oil will solidify and if the temperature is high it will liquify. I had to transport this in my car so the solid consistency melted to a liquid which I prefer anyways.


The second item I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe was this Moraccan red clay powder. I am very picky about what skincare products I use. I try my best to use natural products, but of course not everything I own is completely natural. This product however caught my eye because it's clay. Clay is a great product for the skin because it absorbs the impurities/black heads from your skin. I already own Aztec healing clay...which I like a lot! On a skincare product the less ingredients there are the better it is. On this specific product the only ingredient there is lilite(a natural mineral silicate). On the side it says this is for sensitive skin in need of detoxification to remove impurities and in need of a smaller pore size and tighter skin tone. Basically to use this you mix it with water and put it on your face and neck. 


These two lip products were purchased in the same plaza but in different stores. The first one is the IASO natural & vivid lip crayon in NO3 Sweet liar. Do not be alarmed by the green color it actually is no where near green, it is a very moisturizing magenta color... more of a tint and it smells amazing, like apples. The second one is the Peri's tint crayon by PeriPeri in the number 2 Fruity orange. The color on the picture makes it look more red when it is more of a milky orange color with some moisture in it.

Here are the swatches, I will do lip swatches later or incorporate these in a makeup look. 

The first swatch is from the Iaso lip crayon and the second one is from the peri's tint crayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment